[nycphp-talk] joomla configuration

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 22:26:06 EST 2009

Take a look in configuration.php and grab the following variables:

    $host
    $user
    $db
    $password

That is your database access information. Now to change your admin
password. When you connect to your database, go to a table called
jos_users and look for the admin user:

    select id, name, username, password from jos_users;

Somewhere in those results should be a user called 'admin' in the
'username' column. Now change that password to 'changeme' like this,
and note that I had to run the string 'changeme' through MD5 first as
all passwords in Joomla are hashed:

    update jos_users set password = '4cb9c8a8048fd02294477fcb1a41191a'
where username = 'admin';

Now you can login to the Joomla backend as admin / changeme, and
IMMEDIATELY change your password.

-- Mitch