[nycphp-talk] Database vs. Code

David Krings ramons at gmx.net
Mon Nov 30 03:30:26 EST 2009

matt at atopia.net wrote:
> So that has made me want to use stored procedures, but that will limit us to this specific database software (mysql).

The question is if this is a problem. In my experience, stored procedures can
add performance and allow for code to run on a different server than the web
server. But, if the expectations are to use other database platforms as well
you may need to take that into consideration. You may end up writing stored
procedures for each supported database, which adds extra work. But that is
something that may be postponed after the initial release.

David