[nycphp-talk] Database, table, and column naming schemes

Kristina Anderson ka at kacomputerconsulting.com
Tue Oct 6 07:06:59 EDT 2009

> > What would you call that many:many table?
> >
> > Surely, not account_user, and not user_account
>
> Why not AccountUser?
>
> Some PHP frameworks do indeed follow that convention.

AccountUser or account_user would definitely be the most commonly used
conventions, but if you feel that you want to make it more obvious that
the relationships are many-to-many, you can use AccountsUsers or some
version of a pluralized name...the equally important thing in my view
is to make sure you're keeping your DB schema up to date including
table descriptions in sufficient detail.

- Kristina