[nycphp-talk] Drupal Framework / CMS Question

Kristina Anderson ka at kacomputerconsulting.com
Fri Oct 9 10:57:27 EDT 2009

> At 7:40 AM -0700 10/9/09, Kristina Anderson wrote:
> >A little bird told me that top-posting == bad :)
> >
> >And Mitch, I think you are a little overqualified for the NBC gig...
> >
> >David -- As a former ASP/VB Programmer, I took tons of flak for not
> >being a "real programmer" as you mentioned occurs ... to which I used
> >to respond, do the numbers on this paycheck look REAL to you?
Hmm...

> >That's why I'm happy to give Drupal a shot...it's where the market
is,
> >and if there's one thing I've learned in the IT field it's where the
> >market goeth...there goeth I.
> >
> >That's why I ditched Microsoft like a boring blind date when they
> >started the .NET nonsense...I'm just that kind of gal. :)
> >
> >- Kristina
>
> As always, good advice.
>
> Cheers,
>
> tedd
> --
> -------
> http://sperling.com  http://ancientstones.com  http://earthstones.com

Tedd --

Thanks!  Now I just have to keep hacking away so that someday, my
programming will be as good as my advice! :)

Seriously, I'm curious now as to how well they are doing with the
Drupal codebase -- NBC has a TON of sites, but a lot of them don't have
much functionality to speak of, just fancy graphics.  They want a
minimum 12-month commitment so it's clear they're not expecting any
overnight miracles...

Kristina