[nycphp-talk] [OT] LLC and contract business

Eric Gewirtz eric.gewirtz at solutiononecdi.com
Tue Oct 13 14:10:40 EDT 2009

Hi Brian,

It is not hard to set up an LLC, but if you decide to do so I highly
recommend that at the very least you talk to a good CPA. Here is a link
(http://www.dos.state.ny.us/corp/faq.html ) to NY states website on faq;s
for setting up an LLC. It really is a easy as picking a name and filling out
the application to reserve the name and then filling out and filing the
Articles of Organization but as you indicate in your questions there are tax
implications to becoming an LLC vs corp vs partnerships and an accountant
can better help you assess what is best for you.

The website is very good and you can get all the forms you need to do it
yourself. The smarter you are about the process the less it will cost you to
set up the LLC because there are a lot of people out there that charge lot
of money to help set you up making it seem like it is complicated. As I
mentioned before, definitely talk to a good CPA.

Good Luck

Eric

SolutionOne

Eric Gewirtz