[nycphp-talk] developer's machine specs -- recomendations?

John Campbell jcampbell1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 16:02:40 EDT 2009

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 8:50 PM, Allen Shaw
<allen at twomiceandastrawberry.com> wrote:
> I'd love to hear any advice on what makes a good web developer's machine.
>  At this point I don't have a lot of places to ask, other than vendors
> who'll just sell me as much as they can con me into.

I just got a new MacBook Pro today, and I gave my one year old MacBook
Pro to a co-worker. My new computer has a glossy display, and the
reflection is terrible with a black background in the terminal.  I am
okay with a white background, which makes the reflection go away, but
if you code on a black background, make sure you get a computer with a
matte display.

Regards,
John Campbell