[nycphp-talk] jobberBase feedback

Justin Dearing zippy1981 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 11:41:08 EDT 2009

Webmaster,

I didn't realize there was absolutely no way to do security for jobber. I
always assumed that it was turned off on the lilug site because they
preferred that model.

There might not be that great a need for login functionality. Hear me out of
a second. For posting job openings, You can have two copies of the site, one
on the web, and another on the towns intranet. Delete the "add a new job"
pages on the public site and use apache security to password protect the
intranet site. The job seekers will have to submit a resume to get a job,
and you want the job posting to be publicly accessible.

And you can always ask on the jobber forums why there is no security. Its
probably addressed in there FAQ.

Regards,

Justin Dearing