[nycphp-talk] Off the shelp CMS w/o the layout?

Peter Becker peterbsemail at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 19:20:38 EDT 2009

OK, so this last conversation begins to touch on the one I've had with
my development team.  I know how easy it is for programmers (I'm more
like a lowly PM / IT director) to claim that there's not too much to
just writing your own, and then watch as revs get burned debugging and
getting to the point of real usability by anyone but someone that knows
all the quirks (undocumented functions in some lingo, hehe).  And that's
about when I have to ask whether the time spent writing a CMS tool
actually moves our business forward (part of our core competency) or
not.  And here the answer is usually no.

In summary I've got the following list below to check out (thank you
again), and Mitch, thank you for your candor as I know how "religious"
some folks can get over their technology of choice, particularly if it's
theirs.

And one last question to Kristina, why CakePHP and not Zend?  Is it that
your team already knows Cake or is their some technical preference?

http://www.silverstripe.com/

http://modxcms.com/

http://www.Vork.us

http://www.steercms-project.org/