[nycphp-talk] Off the shelp CMS w/o the layout?

Kristina Anderson ka at kacomputerconsulting.com
Mon Oct 26 12:10:57 EDT 2009

> On Sun, 25 Oct 2009, Peter Becker wrote:
>
> > And one last question to Kristina, why CakePHP and not Zend?  Is
it that
> > your team already knows Cake or is their some technical preference?
>
> For me, Zend is less framework and more like a library, so its at a
lower
> level than many frameworks.
>

> --

Peter, I asked and the answer I got was that "we already have a lot of
code from the last guy in Cake".....

i.e., there isn't a really good reason, it just is the way it
is...well we'll see if the proof-of-concept pans out...

There seem to be concerns that the database-access classes in Cake
aren't agnostic enough to work with Silverstripe's database, but I
think there are workarounds that will be effective.  (Silverstripe
rebuilds its database based on enumerations of fields in the data
classes and has its own naming conventions.)

Kristina