[nycphp-talk] Valudating common field types

Hans Zaunere lists at zaunere.com
Mon Oct 26 16:27:20 EDT 2009

> Thanks for the feedback. Right, So many cases to handle in there. I
> will also add minimum 2 characters to the list.

That might not be correct, especially for Asian lastnames/etc... oh, minimum
of 2, but you get my meaning... what if you will want to support a middle
initial? :)

End of the day, I wouldn't try to validate too much.  Just protect your site
more from a security perspective.  Effectively, for all non-text area input,
I don't allow whitespace except for a regular horizontal space.  And for
text-areas, well, it all depends :)