[nycphp-talk] losing session with IE8 only

Carlos A Hoyos cahoyos at us.ibm.com
Wed Sep 9 10:09:51 EDT 2009

>I'm in an odd situation where I'm losing my session but only with IE8
>and only with PHP 5.2.6, not with any other browsers and not on my dev
>server with 5.3.0.

Although it sounds like a php / browser version problem, I'd start by
trouble shooting with the domain and security settings in the browser.
It's likely that your dev and production boxes are different and have
different domains, IE8 might have your prod domain under not trusted sites,
and might not be accepting cookies from it.

Carlos