[nycphp-talk] Advice on OOP & Frameworks

Mutaz Musa mutazmusa at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 21:57:57 EDT 2009

> * glue frameworks - like Zend and Joomla 1.5

Remember Joomla is a CMS not a framework. I've personally only ever used
CodeIgniter and Cake. Both were fine though Cake was a bit stifling with the
naming conventions. Documentation was good though and that made things
easier. I'm going to try Zend for my next project because I like the idea of
being able to use their classes on a needs-only basis. It seems more
flexible and more enterprise ready. At least that's the vibe I get.