[nycphp-talk] ZF Tutorial written by Rob Allen

Tim Lieberman tim_lists at o2group.com
Fri Apr 23 14:35:18 EDT 2010

On Apr 23, 2010, at 11:30 AM, Anthony Wlodarski wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was trying to get situated with ZF and get my feet on solid ground
> with the framework.  The official ZF API and Reference guides
> lacking quite bad but little did I know that Rob Allen sits in a few
> chat rooms I freqent on Freenode (#phpc).  Take a look at it if you
> are just getting up and running like myself.  Quite basic but it
> gives you the juicy stuff on the MVC pattern it uses as well as
> working with forms, layouts, views, and validation.
>
> http://akrabat.com/zend-framework-tutorial/

Yup, Rob's tutorial is a must for neophytes.

The Official Quickstart is a good read, too.

Once you've got a basic level of comfort, and start thinking about how
to implement your model layer, Matthew Weier O'Phinney, who IIRC is
now the project lead for ZF, has a number of interesting blog posts: http://weierophinney.net/

Though they're not what you'd call tutorials,  his posts relating to
model infrastructure and using zend_form in your models are valuable
reads.

-Tim