[nycphp-talk] innodb settings

Rob Marscher rmarscher at beaffinitive.com
Mon Apr 26 13:05:08 EDT 2010

On Apr 26, 2010, at 12:53 PM, Nicholas Hart wrote:
> I am troubleshooting problems with slow inserts with innodb.  Anyone have list of recommended config settings to reduce or eliminate these delays?

Try out the "mysqltuner.pl" perl script.  It can give you some nice suggestions.
http://blog.mysqltuner.com/2009/09/mysqltuner-v1-1-0-released/

Also, take a look at how many indexes your table has and the data length of those indexes.  Cutting down on the indexes will make inserts faster.

Add more ram and faster hard drives.  ;)

Those are some generic suggestions.  Someone would really need to dig into your hardware, mysql settings, and database schema to provide a better analysis.