[nycphp-talk] MAMP or XAMPP ?

Anthony Wlodarski ant92083 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 10:11:09 EDT 2010

I would never recommend that on Ubuntu or a Debain package based systems.
Use "sudo tasksel" and then select "LAMP Server".  Tasksel is a package
management tool for the meta packages that point to the most recent version
of the software that exists in the stack.  That way you don't have to piece
together PHP5, MySQL, and Apache and their latest versions.  Since learning
about tasksel I have been loving Ubuntu 9.10 server edition and rolling out
new instances.

-Anthony

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 10:07 AM, David Mintz <vtbludgeon at gmail.com> wrote:

> apt-get install <all_that_good_stuff>