[nycphp-talk] Deploying PHP Applications

Rob Marscher rmarscher at beaffinitive.com
Thu Apr 29 13:56:06 EDT 2010

On Apr 29, 2010, at 1:35 PM, Jason Salsiccia wrote:
> If your doc root is /var/www/html,  have html be a symlink to current code.
> /var/www/html -> /var/www/tag_XXXX

I also use a similar method with symlinks.  Sometimes my web server needs a restart for it to recognize the symlink has changed.  It might be caused by php realpath caching or maybe there's some type of caching in my Litespeed server or CentOS.  I haven't taken the time to really figure it out.  At any rate, if you see problems, try restarting your web server and see if that fixes it.

-Rob