[nycphp-talk] Deploying PHP Applications

Mike Hernandez sequethin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 15:58:50 EDT 2010

On 04/29/2010 03:51 PM, Anthony Wlodarski wrote:
> I additionally preferred the SVN checkout procedure to make the
> production environment a local working copy that could be used with
> "svn up".  One thing I had to do was make sure that none of the SVN
> files were accessible via the web.  You can throw the following code
> into a .htaccess file if you don't have access to the .conf files.
>
> <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
> RewriteRule ^(.*/)?\.svn/ - [F,L]
> ErrorDocument 403 "Access Forbidden"
> </IfModule>
>
> You just never know what someone could do with access to those .svn
> directories.
I've been using svk on my server to mirror the entire repository (which
is kept on a separate server off site).  One of the benefits I've
enjoyed thanks to this is that the code tree that's checked out from the
svk repo keeps all of the .svn stuff in my home directory. This way I
can still sync changes but I don't have the svn files in the public tree
at all.  I started with svk when I begin using trac, which has nice
subversion integration but wants to have a full repository to work with
(as opposed to a simple checkout of the tree). Svk allows me to mirror
the entire repository on the server, yet still keep the main subversion
repository somewhere else.

--Mike H