[nycphp-talk] YAML and Database Definitions

Justin Dearing zippy1981 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 09:11:33 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 8:40 AM, Gary Mort <garyamort at gmail.com> wrote:

> But the idea that if he stores definitions in YAML programmers can use them
> interested him enough to learn something new....so now I want to find what
> the standards for defining database structure in YAML is...or if there are
> none, then I need to find that out to let him know.

Just a few notes. Ken has stopped maintaining and using Andromeda. Donald
Organ has taken over maintenance of it and wants to rename it Postgres on
PHP. I've never heard of doctrine, so I don't know if the formats are the
same. I doubt the formats would be the same.

Also, what does your dad use to define the Access databases? Does he use the
access GUI? I wrote my own tool to read and edit Access databases with SQL
http://plane-disaster.sourceforge.net/. Years after needing PlaneDisaster, I
did find a codeproject article with a prettier looking MS Access Query
Editor, but the maintainer does not have a public SVNrepo or answer my
questions.

Regards,

Justin Dering