[nycphp-talk] Enterprise/Commercial CMS with Support?

Gary Mort garyamort at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 01:17:42 EST 2010

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 11:10 PM, lists at nopersonal.info <
lists at nopersonal.info> wrote:

> Thanks. I tried that list and gave up about halfway through as none of
> them seemed to offer the sort of support the client would expect--i.e.
> they want something that's backed by the company that owns the product,
> and if there's a problem they expect to be able to pick up the phone and
> talk to a representative who's going to address the issue ASAP.
>
> In that case, I'd go with Alfresco.   Note, I've seen a lot of bad installs
of Alfresco because halfway through the company decides instead of paying
high priced consultants, since it was open source they would just do it
themselves.....

Personally, I'm not sure what the point of open source products are if they
are so complex and difficult to use that you might as well be using
a proprietary system.