[nycphp-talk] OT: Silent Auction today

Gary Mort garyamort at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 10:08:44 EST 2010

Off Topic, but I figured I'd post this in case anyone is interested in some
of the items on the list:

As I believe I posted about previously, their doing a fundraiser to expand
the cancer center at the local hospital my oldest brother passed away at
last year.
http://www.huntingforacure.info/ is the basic website I setup for them
because I just couldn't bear looking at it much[and it looks MUCH better
know thanks to Laura Gordon going in and applying a much better template and
layout!]

Today is the fundraising event[though we are almost at the goal already!]

They have a number of items they will be running a silent auction on:
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=427194725514&topic=1179<http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=427194725514&topic=11790>
0 <http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=427194725514&topic=11790>

Which includes some items that might appeal to a broader interest:
Sports memorabilia (baseball signed by Mickey Mantle and Willy Meyes
*Guitar signed by Bono
[I am assuming those were pulled out of some personal collections by family]

**Spend a day with a chef! (this includes a $500 food and wine allowance) -
Chef Elizabeth E. Briggs a 23 year Chef / Professor of the Culinary
Institute of America and Chef Owner of Cooking For Transformation LLC. Will
spend the day with you and your 6 guests in your own home kitchen.
 <http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=427194725514&topic=11790>[and a lot
of favors and a lifetime of good karma cashed in]

So if there is something on the list that you would like and your not going,
feel free to email sales at huntingforacure.info and let Danielle know!