[nycphp-talk] MongoDB and others, convince me. :-)

I Dream in PHP hypertextpreprocessor at dynamicink.com
Mon Jan 18 03:53:27 EST 2010

Nobody else thought it was very revealing when someone shouted out "I like
my job" (assumedly a DBA job) as a reason not to use NoSQL?! I love MySQL
and NoSQL DBs certainly do not fit all projects, but in the ones where it
does fit it saves a huge amount of development time and makes the
dedicated-DBA position somewhat obsolete.

On that note, all you PHP + MongoDB users should check out phpMoAdmin, a GUI
tool to manage your Mongo data. It is open-source, AJAX-based, has nothing
to configure and is self-contained in a single 75kb file! Begin using in
10-seconds: simply place the moadmin.php file anywhere on your web site and
it just works!

Learn more, download & use:
http://www.phpMoAdmin.com

Contribute your code to the phpMoAdmin project:
http://github.com/MongoDB-Rox/phpMoAdmin-MongoDB-Admin-Tool-for-PHP