[nycphp-talk] MongoDB and others, convince me. :-)

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 21:46:57 EST 2010

Memcache is another great example, even if it is not persistent it is
still a data store. Have you ever heard of a company hiring a
"Memcache Administrator"? I mean, other than Facebook? :-)

Looking around the others and feeling the same - CouchDB, hBase,
MemcacheDB... These systems are expecting the bulk of computation to
live in the application layer, and they are focused on storing data...
Hence the low administration requirements.

And please note that I'm a certified Oracle DBA - went through
certification back in the 8i years. I've spent the last 15 years
really getting good at this, and should be the last guy calling for
change ;-)

-- Mitch