[nycphp-talk] Help Recovering from a Server Crash

Randal Rust randalrust at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 08:43:01 EDT 2010

This is primarily a MySQL-related question, but I figure someone here
probably has an answer, or can send me in the right direction.

About 10:00 yesterday I got an email from a client, saying they could
not log into their CMS. I checked and found that something was very
wrong with the database. Tech support at the hosting company told me
that it looked like the drive on the server was going bad, and that I
would need to restore from backups. I did not have a recent backup, so
I immediately began downloading files, including the MySQL data files
(.frm, .myi, .myb).

The hosting company has set up a new server and I am going through the
process of rebuilding everything. The biggest issue that I've run into
is with MySQL tables that were set up as InnoDB. MyISAM tables seem to
be just fine.

When I bring up the database in phpMyAdmin, I can see all of the
tables, but there are two separate issues with the InnoDB tables.

1. Some of them are listed as 'in use.' When I try to view the
structure of the table, I get the following error message:

#1033 - Incorrect information in file: './ahc_db/cd_news_categories.frm'

2. The rest of the InnoDB tables are apparently 'read only.' This is
preventing me from repairing them.

Any suggestions?

--
Randal Rust