[nycphp-talk] Flow Chart "open source" favorites?

Edward Potter edwardpotter at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 15:03:42 EDT 2010

Cool.  Before I would even look at flowcharting software I would sketch out
the program flow/navigation on paper.   A pencil is a miraculous thing.
Also a roll of yellow tracing paper can be magic.  :-)

*For while it is probably not possible to make a drawing without a conscious
intention, the drawing does possess a life of its own, an insistence, a
meaning, which is fundamental to its existence.* —Michael Graves

http://www.moma.org/collection/browse_results.php?object_id=92

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 1:57 PM, David Roth <davidalanroth at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, thanks Mitch and everyone else that responded.
>
>  Justin, this isn't off-topic since it's Flow Charting for program design
> and the application is in PHP. Thanks for the resource of superuser.com,
> since I've never heard of it before.  I'll add it to the intranet.
>
> David Roth
>

> On Mar 26, 2010, at 7:24 AM, Mitch Pirtle wrote:
>
>  On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 1:31 AM, David Roth <davidalanroth at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm looking for recommendations of Flow Charting software that's "Open
>>> Source". Thanks!
>>>

>> You could look into Dia:
>>
>> http://projects.gnome.org/dia/
>>
>> Is that the kind of app you are looking for?
>>
>> -- Mitch

IM/iChat: ejpusa
Links: http://del.icio.us/ejpusa
Follow me: http://www.twitter.com/ejpusa