[nycphp-talk] Deploying PHP Applications

Yitzchak Schaffer yitzchak.schaffer at gmx.com
Sat May 1 22:51:40 EDT 2010

> On Apr 29, 2010, at 1:35 PM, Jason Salsiccia wrote:
>> If your doc root is /var/www/html, have html be a symlink to current code.
>> /var/www/html -> /var/www/tag_XXXX

Perhaps this is obvious to many here, but I discovered this works
wonders for vendor libraries like symfony - point the app's require
statement to '/usr/local/lib/symfony-1.4', and symlink
/usr/local/lib/symfony-1.4 -> /usr/local/lib/symfony-1.4.4

That way you can download the new release of symfony (say 1.4.5), and
just change the symlink & delete the old libraries.  I don't remember
what I was doing before, but it was a mess compared to this.

--
Yitzchak Schaffer
Systems Manager
Email yitzchak.schaffer at tourolib.org