[nycphp-talk] utf-8, iso-8859-1...

tedd tedd.sperling at gmail.com
Fri May 7 11:34:10 EDT 2010

At 1:56 PM -0400 5/6/10, Edward Potter wrote:
>I highly recommend u scale up from Dreamweaver, and use an editor,
>TextMate is probably the best, but zillions out there.  Yes I know
>it works fine, but you will never move to Guru status with DW. Just
>my 2 rupee's. The leap is pretty painless.

1+

I'll see your 2 rupees and raise one.

Those interested might try NetBeans;

http://netbeans.org/downloads/

I went the Eclipse route and while it's an excellent IDE, it was a
bit of an overkill for *me*. NetBeans does what I want and does it
easier.

I used both DW and GoLive (for IDE only, no WYSIWYG nonsense) and am
currently doing a complete conversion to NetBeans. I have lot's of
sites and code to move over, but it's coming along quite nicely and
much easier than I thought.

Cheers,

tedd

--