[nycphp-talk] MAMP or XAMPP ?

justin justin at justinhileman.info
Mon May 10 12:11:48 EDT 2010

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 11:58 PM, Ajai Khattri <ajai at bitblit.net> wrote:

> Which is better ?

Sorry to resurrect a dying thread, but I've changed my mind. I used to
use MAMP on my local box, then I switched to XAMPP... And then I
needed MongoDB on my local box, and MAMP/XAMPP stopped being
sufficient.

But it turns out OS X does a pretty killer job of being a UNIX box all
by itself.

I've converted to native Apache, PHP, MySQL and Mongo -- the latter
two compiled from source, courtesy of Homebrew.

It takes about 10 minutes to set up, and is much awesomer (as long as
you're comfortable starting/stopping apache and mysql from the command
line).

Writeup here:

http://justinhileman.info/lamp-osx

--