[nycphp-talk] Searching an Entire MySQL Database

Christopher R. Merlo cmerlo at ncc.edu
Thu Nov 4 08:42:38 EDT 2010

On Thursday, November 4, 2010,  <ps at blu-studio.com> wrote:
> I am wondering if anyone has had to search an entire database and do a search and replace on a string. That is to search in every table, in every row, in every field.

I'm having a hard time imagining a practical application of this, or
even how it could ever be a good idea. If there's a particular problem
you're trying to solve, maybe you need to reevaluate it, and find the
path to a simpler, more helpful solution, and I've seen members of
this list help with that hundreds of times.
$0.02,
-c