[nycphp-talk] mysql connection

willie klein willie at pdfsystems.com
Fri Nov 12 16:02:02 EST 2010

Hi All

Setting up a new server and finally splitting my apache server and mysql server into 2 virtual boxes.
For some reason I can't connect to the remote server with php but I can connect with mysql command line.
I think it must be some way I compiled php, tried just using rpms also.
Here is my configure statement

'./configure' '--with-mysql=/usr/' '--with-mysqli=/usr/bin/mysql_config' '--with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs' '--with-zlib' '--enable-ftp'

Seems like it should work, works on a local mysql server.

Thanks
wil