[nycphp-talk] Talk Proposal: Unit Testing

Bulat Shakirzyanov mallluhuct at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 10:22:04 EST 2010

Thanks Chuck,

I concentrate on Unit Testing and specifically - isolation
and dependency injection. Your tests are mixed - integration
and unit, since they execute db queries and not just test the
query generation and are tightly couple with a db backend,
since I can't use a mock connection, as its hardcoded -
https://github.com/manchuck/LIPHP/commit/70639929ac6c33d77a806e87cc107bad5b45e458#L0R165
I understand that it was just a sample app to demonstrate TDD.
I specifically cover isolation, dependency injection, mock objects
and interface discovery in my talk.

Best,

*e:* mallluhuct at gmail.com