[nycphp-talk] Squashing accented characters

Edward Potter edwardpotter at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 16:45:44 EDT 2010

Yes, something that seems VERY simple can get VERY complicated, VERY fast!

Friend did this site, he has put in a zillion hours figuring out all
the characters issues. one of the rockstar coders (dreams in vi), and
still he says, learning something new everyday.  :-)))

http://dreamtype.com/

"You mean you don't know the Swahili character site? You have to know that!"

 I'm like what? Swahili? :-)))))

(and yes, I did not solve your problem either!) sorry!

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 4:33 PM, David Krings <ramons at gmx.net> wrote:
> On 10/22/2010 14:50, Paul A Houle wrote:
>>
>> I'm running into the problem that people are searching for "Dusseldorf"
>> but
>> the name of the place is "Düsseldorf", so they don't find it.
>
> That is very unfortunate, because that is the city I was born in. As for
> your problem, I got nothing.
>
> David

IM/iChat: ejpusa
Links: http://del.icio.us/ejpusa