[nycphp-talk] silent failure with PHPUnit and Zend Framework

David Mintz david at davidmintz.org
Fri Sep 24 10:40:47 EDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 1:27 PM, Rob Marscher <rmarscher at beaffinitive.com>wrote:

> On Sep 23, 2010, at 12:44 PM, David Mintz wrote:
> > Gee, this is interesting:
> >
> > david at interps3:/opt/www/shitou/tests$ phpunit -d memory_limit 256M
> --verbose
> >
> > Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 262144 bytes exhausted (tried to
> allocate 4864 bytes) in
> /usr/share/downloads/ZendFramework-1.10.4/library/Zend/Application.php on
> line 237
>
> Oops, sorry, just realized that's not quite right.  Have to do phpunit -d
> memory_limit=256M.  Sorry.

Still getting this rude behavior. I might try posting to the ZF list. I
think it's conceivable that something in ZF is squandering memory, even
though PHP is supposed to manage memory for us. I will also try upgrading my
ZF.

If I ever get to the bottom, I'll be sure to let you know (-:

Thanks much for the help.

--
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/