[nycphp-talk] How much is a site redesign worth?

Kristina Anderson ka at kacomputerconsulting.com
Sat Apr 2 15:21:56 EDT 2011

Ed,

More than 90% of what I do is from my office here in my apartment,
although on rare occasion I will work onsite if requested and if in the
mood to get out a bit.
Gives me an excuse to wear my fancy threads, right?

My clients are small businesses and if they could afford to pay me
$3,000 a week, I know most of them would gladly do so.  But in this
economy, most of them scrape to come up with $2,000 a week.  I am deeply
suspicious of consultants who claim to bill out over $12,000 a month
since I have been around and know the deal...

$100 an hour is great but in many cases, you're not even approaching 40
hours or even 20 hours a week in billings.  Any programmer should be
good enough with math to see that consistent billing of 40 hours per
week and less time spent on marketing is the key to greater monthly income.

Kristina