[nycphp-talk] How much is a site redesign worth?

tedd tedd.sperling at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 10:43:59 EDT 2011

At 3:32 PM -0400 4/2/11, Michele Waldman wrote:
>In '99, I was making $70-85/hr as an Oracle/C Programmer.
>
>The interesting thing is how much more you have to know to be a web
>developer, especially if you work on the front end and the backend.
>
>Know more, less money.
>
>Michele

Know more, less money. <-- not necessarily.

"Knowing more" simply means "more opportunity".

I have had many clients who come to me wanting a simple billboard --
I can do that. I typically charge $1k for a three page web site and
can create a decent looking one in a day. I'll do that as often as
anyone wants.

I know people who charge considerably more and remarkably less. So,
there's no "rule of thumb" -- so surmise the client, determine your
own worth, and charge accordingly.

Cheers,

tedd

--