[nycphp-talk] Project pricing

Kristina Anderson ka at kacomputerconsulting.com
Mon Apr 4 16:46:02 EDT 2011

On 4/4/2011 2:19 PM, tedd wrote:
> At 1:55 PM -0400 4/4/11, Kahlil Haynes wrote:
>> Aren't some of you breaking the law by suggesting actual amounts to
>> charge for specific work?
>
> Are you kidding me?
>
> What you are referring to is "Price Fixing". That is when like-service
> companies (i.e., Airlines) call each other and determine a basic set
> rate instead of letting competition determine the price.
>
> That is not what we are doing here! You are free to charge whatever
> you want -- I don't care. No one is agreeing to a set-price for
> set-labor PERIOD. I'll let the Congress do that in determining minimum
> wage -- they seem to break every other law.
>
> Now, if the government wants to shut me up about what I charge, then
> they are free to try. But they have to figure out how to get around
> the first amendment, which supports my right to free speech. That's
> bigger than them.
>
> As far as I'm concerned, the government can take a long walk off a
> short pier. Besides, regardless of who they think they are, they
> haven't done anything to promote business, nor do they know how. They
> are just a bunch of clowns throwing our money at their ideas.
>
> Sorry for the rant. :-)
>
> So, the answer is "No" we are not breaking any law taking about our
> experiences with clients.
>
> Cheers,
>
> tedd

The fact that someone is even worried that what we do here is "breaking
the law" is indicative of our giant leap as a society towards total
fascism and paranoia.

When it becomes illegal to wear cheesy t-shirts with penguins on them,
or eat cold pizza before noon...then we might have a problem here.

Kristina