[nycphp-talk] Google Rank Amateur

John Campbell jcampbell1 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 23:07:59 EDT 2011

Your "solution" will make things worse with google.  There is no "duplicate"
content pentalty, but there is a "scraper" penalty, and I doubt that is
being applied in your case.  "noindex" tells google that you have a page
that customers can and should see, but the googlebot specifically doesn't
have permission to view it.  That is not likely to help your cause with
google.

The best solution, is to 301 redirect to the canonical page.  If you can't
do that, then use Rob's suggestion of <link rel="canonical"...

-jc