[nycphp-talk] font properties

Jana Harper jana at meetduo.com
Fri May 27 13:39:19 EDT 2011

Hi Ian,

You can use line-height to adjust the height of the space the font fits in, but as far as I know there isn't a way to scale the font vertically.  Even if there was a way to do that I wouldn't recommend it because it would distort the original intended look of the typeface.  If you need a taller font and increasing the size makes it too wide, pick a different typeface.  There are quite a few to choose from with the advent of web fonts -- check out these sites:

http://typekit.com/
http://webfonts.fonts.com/
http://www.fonts.com/
http://www.google.com/webfonts