[nycphp-talk] Creating a URL

Rukbat rukbat at webdingers.com
Wed Nov 30 08:19:27 EST 2011

Telling her that it's as simple as setting up a WAMP stack is like
telling a good programmer that design is as simple as downloading
Paint.net.  A really good designer is right-brained.  A really good
developer is left-brained.  The last person of whom I'm aware who was
both left- and right-brained was Leonardo da Vinci - it's that rare.
People should stick to what they're good at, and get others to do what
they really aren't physically equipped to do.   It's no shame if an
artist can't figure out how to write code, or if a short person can't
play pro basketball.

(BTW, some people who have CS degrees would have been better off going
for a BFA.)