[nycphp-talk] Apache 2.2, PHP 5.2 and .htaccess

Peter Sawczynec ps at blu-studio.com
Thu Oct 20 06:55:34 EDT 2011

Started the Capehazeinsider.com html site as a personal travel log collecting local Florida info I could not find online so that I could look it up reliably later. Told some friends, put AdSense on it, did some SEO on it, submitted site maps. Gets some quality organic page 1 search results on the very niche terms related to "Cape Haze". Only using PHP for very  basic work. By any standards will always be a very modestly trafficked site. But it does generate bankable income. The spin off South West Florida sites are being built in Drupal 7 leveraging LAMP and will attempt to take more volume vying on search terms with easily 4 - 20X more searched on volume than Cape Haze. I will be rolling out google DFP (DoubleClick for Publishers) which will serve AdSense as a fallback within it. I will circle back to Cape Haze Insider in 1 -2 yrs and pull into Drupal. So for now until the other sites overshadow it, Capehazeinsider.com will keep html pages and I will not tinker with its search engine edge. I know the whole techie SEO-friendly 301 permanent re-direct is acceptable strategy but still rather hold as is. And PHP, well, it is in great shape and probably doesn't mind. And all will ultimately get mobile HTML5 versions too that I will generate from pretty simply re-themed Drupal 7 output.

Warmest regards,

Peter Sawczynec
Technology Dir.
blūstudio