[nycphp-talk] Virtualbox as a dev environment

Rolan Yang rolan at omnistep.com
Fri Sep 2 12:42:04 EDT 2011

What's your thought on using XAMPP instead of creating a bunch of
virtual machines? You could run two instances of apache (php ver 5.2 &
5.3) on different ports and have both reference the same web directory
and mysql.  I have found XAMPP to be slow (umm, my laptop is a Dell D410
Pentium Mobile with 1GB RAM) but it's probably not as taxing on the
resources as booting up two whole virtual Linux OS's within a Windows OS.

~Rolan