[nycphp-talk] Virtualbox as a dev environment

Yitzchak Schaffer yitzchak.schaffer at gmx.com
Fri Sep 2 13:27:08 EDT 2011

On 09/02/2011 13:23, Yitzchak Schaffer wrote:
> I've been using VMware Server (free as in beer) to run Ubuntu VMs on my
> laptops for 1+ years. Works great for me.

You can set up the networking to bridge to the host OS's connection, or
to use a NAT subnet within the workstation. That is, your host
workstation can communicate with the VM, but other machines cannot. I'm
not a network guy, so sorry if my explanation is rubbish :)

--
Yitzchak Schaffer
Systems Manager

Access Problems? Contact systems.library at touro.edu