[nycphp-talk] Running multiple mod_php extensions

Chris Snyder chsnyder at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 11:09:49 EDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 1:25 PM, Gary Mort <garyamort at gmail.com> wrote:

> Looking at the ApacheHandler extension, it first seemed like it should be
> simple to change all occurences of the handler label mod_php to create
> multiple custom modules.  IE mod_php_5_3_6 and mod_php_5_3_8... then both
> modules can be loaded and the handler assigned in the virtual host.
>
> This worked fine for assigning a custom handler function, but even with that
> if I load both handlers, Apache locks up.  My guess is that the other extern
> declarations also need to have a custom declaration.

Stop trying to load both handlers in the same Apache process?

You can specify the config file location on the command line as you
start httpd. So use two (or more!) different configs that listen on
different port numbers or virtual hostnames. Viola, different Apaches,
each with its own version of php.