[nycphp-talk] Most common Framework

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 23:50:06 EDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 4:44 PM, Jesse Sanford <jessesanford at gmail.com> wrote:
> Zend had so much steam early on and then where did it go? I feel like
> they have been sleeping.

Quite the opposite. Zend Framework started accepting contributions
from anyone and everyone and now, even though they have done a good
job of minimizing dependencies between modules, there is a lot of crap
in ZF. I also think most of these "frameworks" are just bloated.
Maintainers really need to understand how to suppress feature-creep
already. Or better still just give each contributor their own branch
and encourage people to steal from each other. That way the good stuff
will make it into trunk, the crap won't and the unused stuff will be
removed.

Mike

--
Michael B Allen