[nycphp-talk] somewhat OT Re: validating proper name capitalization

Jerry B. Altzman jbaltz at altzman.com
Tue Sep 27 12:28:40 EDT 2011

on 9/27/2011 10:56 AM Rukbat said the following:
> On 9/24/2011 1:51 PM, Chris Snyder wrote:
>> I hope you renamed your company •.com or similar!
> Try http://xn--nvg.com/ (That's punycode for the dot.)

It's for sale:
http://symboldomains.com/symbol-domains-for-sale.html

I note that on Win7+FF and Win7+Chrome, none of those domains appear in
the address bar; they've all been punycoded.

Damn, if I still used Macsyma, I'd want  http://xn--d9g.com.
(And yes, I got  xn--3-6mb.com for my company.)

ObPHP:  how *do* you deal with these types of things in
$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']?

//jbaltz
--
jerry b. altzman | jbaltz at altzman.com | www.jbaltz.com | twitter:@lorvax
thank you for contributing to the heat death of the universe.