[nycphp-talk] somewhat OT Re: validating proper name capitalization

Chris Snyder chsnyder at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 15:24:36 EDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 2:06 PM, John Campbell <jcampbell1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> The problem with puny code is that it is a security nightmare, and no
> safe browsers are ever going to support it.
>
> Can you find the difference between http://paypal.com/ and
> http://paypaḷ.com/ ?

The EV SSL certificate?

I don't know, there IS a security concern here, but the ASCII
requirement is a really big f**k you to the billions of people around
the world who use non-western character sets.

You think it's hard for you to type a bullet character on your
keyboard? Try typing "php.ru" on a Cyrillic keyboard.