[nycphp-talk] somewhat OT Re: validating proper name capitalization

John Campbell jcampbell1 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 17:04:16 EDT 2011

> This is a problem, but not an unsolvable one. Browsers will support PUNYCODE AND be safe eventually.

You are right, that it is more complicated than I initially mentioned,
however, chromium has pretty much decided already which way they are
going to go.  Don't hold your breath waiting for √.com to be
supported, because in the design documents it is something they won't
fix.   There is a nice summary at the bottom, and you will see that
Google has chosen to go the same route as Microsoft.  My guess is that
Safari will become more secure like Chrome/IE/Firefox, not the other
way around.

see:

http://www.chromium.org/developers/design-documents/idn-in-google-chrome