[nycphp-talk] Storing form options.

Petros Ziogas petros.ziogas at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 08:35:07 EDT 2012

I prefer to create a "settings" table where I store all the bits and pieces
that need to be configurable but are not that frequently changed.

If you want to make everything translatable, I would not tie it to a
settings table but rather set up a global translate procedure that would
apply to these settings but also to other elements of your application.

I have found that deciding on some general rules around these issues can
make your life much easier. Jumping from project to project and realizing
that the countries are always in the settings table and always called in a
curtain way can make you day and save you some hours in debugging and
developing.

my 2c
Petros Ziogas