[nycphp-talk] Web and Mobile Video Codecs

Petros Ziogas petros.ziogas at gmail.com
Thu May 3 05:29:37 EDT 2012

What companies like Mozilla fail to consider is that by dancing around
video formats and standards all they do is kill the little guys.

Running anything video related knowdays seems to have too many side costs
to even dream of making it profitable. Unless you are Hulu or netflix of
course.

They should decide on a format (whatever that is) and stick to it for at
least 5 years. Then find an alternative, since I assume there will be a
much better one, and move on keeping backwards compatibility.

If I can download a free media player that plays everyvideo out there, I
would except the latest Firefox to do the same. At least the popular
formats.

Petros Ziogas