[nycphp-talk] Web browser quality

Mark Armendariz lists at enobrev.com
Fri May 11 16:40:13 EDT 2012

>> I recently found my nirvana in Chrome, clean and fast.
> It's fast, but apparently because it caches everything.  It's also way too
> big-brother for me.

I've been defaulting to Chromium for a while, with the occasional switch
to Firefox / Firebug (I work on Ubuntu)

I think it's either ctrl+refresh or shift+refresh to skip the cache on
Chromium.  I'm not exactly sure, because it's one of those muscle memory
things.

I tend to prefer chromium for most testing (except video links which
tends to give an "oh shnap").

The main thing i miss is firebug's inline request drill-down.  In
Chromium, you can have your XHR requests listed, but when you click them
it opens the networking tab, and another click or two to actually see
the raw headers and results.  Firebug's inline version is SO much more
useful, especially since it's embedded within the rest of your console
debugging context.

There's also a "disable cache" setting in Chromium that may help with
what you're having problems with.  I haven't tried it yet - mostly due
to my ctrl+refresh habit.

Mark