[nycphp-talk] Monetizing Open Source Code

Federico Ulfo rainelemental at gmail.com
Sat May 19 10:42:40 EDT 2012

I agree totally with Leam.

>From open source you don't do money, unless you create something great,
that sometimes break (Mongo for example), because people use it and need
you to fix it.

7 years ago I published a template engine called RainTPL<http://raintpl.com/>,
lot of developers use it and help me to improve it, which is good because I
use it in all my website, but I never got a penny from it. Is fun yes, but
if you want to do money get a job :)